JANUARY PTA MEETING!
Please join us for our next PTA General Meeting
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
PTA Membership Drive - Every Child One Voice!
We would like to welcome all of the new and existing Victoria families back for another amazing school year. Please take a moment to read all of the exciting reasons to become a member of your PTA.
Did you know…
1. PTA helps fund programs like Class Act, class supplies, school beautification projects, art programs, Author’s Day, Red Ribbon Week, assemblies, the Victoria newsletter, after-school drama club, Reflections Art Program and more…
2. PTA is a powerful advocate for family involvement. Over three decades of research show that the single most effective element in a student’s success is the involvement of family members in the student’s education.
3. Members are the strength of our organization. Active and informed members make positive decisions that affect the welfare and education of youth locally, statewide and nationally. Everyone can be a member at any PTA. The more members enrolled in PTA, the more powerful our voice.
4.Did you know that joining the PTA does NOT mean you need to commit to volunteer-hours, it just means that you become a member and a voice for our children. We have volunteer PTA members on the front lines in Sacramento fighting for the benefit of our children’s education. PTA shows strength in NUMBERS.
5. Our community is our greatest asset. As advocates for all children and youth, PTA is most effective when we value all members of our community by seeing the uniqueness of each individual and working to build strong representation from all groups.
6. By filling out your PTA envelope and submitting your $10 you become an official member of one of the biggest nationally recognized organizations in the World!
JOIN VICTORIA PTA TODAY!
Rosalia Avila and Ruby Nunez, Victoria PTA Membership Chairs
Another reason to become a PTA member!
California State PTA Scholarships
California State PTA scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors that commend extensive volunteer service in the school and community. Scholarships are for use during fall semester/quarter, following high school graduation.
Scholarship awards also are available to credentialed teachers, counselors, and school nurses for advanced study, and to PTA volunteers with at least three years of PTA service to continue their education.
California State PTA Grants
Grant funds are available from the California State PTA for use by unit, council, or district PTAs in good standing to develop and implement programs and projects at the unit, council and district PTA level in the areas of parent education, cultural arts, and outreach translation.
Click on link for more information, Grants & Scholarships
A Membership Association
Any individual who chooses to support PTA can become a member by paying dues to a PTA or PTSA. Membership at a unit includes membership in the council (if in council), the district level, California State PTA and National PTA. Membership is signified by an official membership card and expires on October 31 annually.
Each PTA is a separate association giving services to a specific group of children, but is a part of the California State PTA and National PTA. Members having children in more than one school may wish to join multiple PTAs to support the youth at each child’s school.