The Home-School Connection
Being informed about school events and important dates is vital for you and your child to get the most out of your experience at Victoria Elementary and also plays an important role in helping you feel connected with our school community.
We’re constantly working to communicate with families in a variety of ways. Here’s how you can stay informed:
- Post the printed calendar that was provided with enrollment documents. If you don't have a copy, stop by the office and we'll happily give you a copy.
- Read your Parent Digital Newsletter. Every week, important information is included our Parent Weekly Email. This includes campus events, modified days, holidays, announcements, and field trips.
- Follow our campus on Instagram. We try to post regularly things that are happening at the school - and you'll love seeing some of the curriculum in action.
- Every Wednesday and Friday morning we host Flag Deck in the Quad. This is a time of school spirit, awards, and also a chance to see our student council perform and demonstrate their leadership skills.
- You’re always welcome to call our office team to answer any questions you might have.
- Parent-teacher conferences happen twice each year and Spanish translation is available (please let your child's teacher know if you require translation so we can have someone available at your appointment).
- NMUSD App - you may want to get the NMUSD App for your phone. This app connects all of the information you need in one place including emergency notifications, attendance, progress, nutrition menus, and links to our social media pages.
- Finally, be sure to attend PTA events throughout the year. Our active and engaged PTA plan events like Dine-Out Fundraisers, Spring Fling, Jog-A-Thon, Field Day, and even the sixth grade promotion ceremony at the end of the year. Participating in these events is a great way to connect with our vibrant parent and staff communities. Look at our Digital Newsletter for updated information.
COMMUNICATION IS KEY
We will email parents using the email address provided in your Aeries Parent Portal. If you are not receiving our emails, please:
1. Log into the Portal
2. Check your email address. Is it correct?
3. Ensure that your email address is added under your "Contact" card and that you have indicated you are either "Mother", "Father", or "Guardian". The system is automated and will only email if you have designated that you are one of these three relationships on the contact card.
4. Check to make sure that our emails are not filtering into your SPAM or "Junk" folder on your computer. Every computer is different so we recommend you Google how to safelist all emails from @nmusd.us and that will guarantee that our emails are getting through.
If you have checked your Aeries Parent Portal and the information is correct, you are properly listed as "Mother/Father/Guardian" and you have safe listed the domain you are still not receiving messages, please reach out to our office team for support.
One last recommendation - while our portal and Blackboard are our official means of communication, we also attempt to post on social media any pertinent updates or information. Please "like" or "follow" us (see Facebook/Instagram links at the top of this website).